Adult and Family Medicine
Family medicine is the medical specialty which is concerned with the total health care of the individual and the family.
Southern Jersey Family Medical Center's staff provides medical services to keep the family healthy, and when necessary, manages family members' acute and chronic illnesses. Family practice involves total health care delivery and its scope is not limited by age, sex, organ system or disease entity.
As family doctors, we specialize in the whole person. We're good listeners and understand how closely your health is tied to your work and family life. That's why we are committed to helping you manage your health for a lifetime and to finding the additional care that you or a loved-one may need.
Treatment by a Family Medicine Doctor Include:
- Dermatology - Acne evaluation & treatment, Skin cancer screening, Rash evaluations, Growth evaluations
- Geriatrics - Exercise Prescriptions, Osteoporosis, Alzheimer's & Parkinson's disease, Management of Multiple Medical Problems, Referrals to Home Health, Nursing Home Care
- Immunizations - Pediatric, School, Adult (including pneumonia and flu vaccinations), Travel Consultations and Immunizations, Occupational, Allergy Injections
- Men's Health - Stress Tests, High Blood Pressure Check, Smoking Cessation
- Sports Medicine - Sports physicals, Second Opinions, Acute and Chronic Injuries, Fracture Care, Rehabilitation and Treatment Planning
- Women's Health - Osteoporosis, Diagnosis and Management of breast disease, Smoking Cessation
About Family Medicine Physicians
While family practice follows the general practice tradition, it has major differences from general practice. Family practice residencies developed in response to a perceived need by the public, the medical profession and the government for well-trained generalists. In addition to receiving broad hospital training, family practice residents receive extensive training in comprehensive and continuous outpatient medicine for persons of all ages.
As a specialty, family practice has stringent requirements for continuing medical education, board certification and board recertification every seven years. Family practice was the first practice to require recertification.
- Atlantic City — 1301 Atlantic Avenue, Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
- Atlantic City - Women and Children’s Health Pavilion - 1125 Atlantic Avenue, Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
- Burlington — 661 High Street, Burlington, New Jersey 08016
- Buttonwood — 600 Pemberton-Browns Mills Road, Pemberton, New Jersey 08064
- Hammonton — 860 South White Horse Pike, Hammonton, New Jersey 08037
- Pleasantville — 932 South Main Street, Pleasantville, New Jersey 08232
- Salem - 238 East Broadway, Salem, New Jersey 08079